Re: backporting the classpath 0.92 changes from the gcc-4_1-rh-branch

Hi Matthias,

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 23:15 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Using the gcj/jc1 from the gcc-4_1-rh-branch to build the merged
> sources shows the same behaviour, so I assume that the problem is in
> the libjava/classpath merge, not in the gcc/java merge. Any help or
> suggestions are welcome.

Currently finishing up the upstream 0.92 release, so we can have the
formal backport. So I haven't yet to compile this myself.

I am CCing Tom and Tom who might recognize this issue.

Also make sure sources.am is up to date and the automake files are
regenerated (see the libjava/HACKING file).

My quick guess is that there is something wrong with either the sources
or the build instructions of DateFormat.java. This file used to have a
private override in libgcj, but since the latest merge it should use the
upstream classpath version. Make sure that it is removed from
libjava/java/text/DateFormat.java and that there is a new file
libjava/classpath/java/text/DateFormat.java
Similar for SimpleDateFormat.java.

Cheers,

Mark