[RFC] JacORB packages

Hello,

I have made packages for JacORB and would like them to be reviewed.

There's an associated ITP, #349540, and the original submitter, Gerardo
Curiel, agreed on IRC to let me step in.

If you want to give it a try, use the apt-gettable repo at [0].

Some points worth noticing:
* those packages are based on Stephan Michel's work
* this is not the latest JacORB release.  I would like the package to be
  in good shape before tracking upstream changes.
* jacorb was split into jacorb-dfsg and jacorb.  Indeed, as Dalibor
  explained to me on irc, there are licensing issues with some files in
  the JacORB sources.  These files were provided by the Object
  Management Group and their copyright is not very clear.  I will ask
  help for this on debian-legal@ soon.

  Therefore four packages are provided:
  1. the free jacorb-idl idl compiler.
     This package is in *main*.
  2. the libjacorb-omgboot-java package containing the OMG classes
     that must override the ones from the java library you use.  This
     involves that the JVM must support redefining the bootclasspath.
     I have only been able to do so with kaffe.
     This package is in *non-free*.
  3. the libjacorb-omggen-java package that contains the classes
     generated by JacORB for all OMG-defined services: name service,
     trading service, ...
     This package is in *contrib*.
  4. the libjacorb-java package that contains all JacORB stuff: ORB and
     OMG services implementation.
     This package is in *contrib*.
* JacORB gets installed into /usr/share/jacorb, with symlinks
  in /usr/share/java
* there is no package providing the OMG services .idl files (yet).
* so far I only have written the jacorb-idl manpage.
* jacorb-idl should maybe be an alternative for idlj.
* no property file for JacORB configuration is provided (yet).

Thanks,

Thomas

[0] http://thomas.g.girard.free.fr/JacORB