Re: CDBS default to java-gcj-compat-dev?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 08:08:57PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > In view of the proposed policy amendments, would it make sense to have CDBS'
> > ant class default to java-gcj-compat-dev, that is, set JAVA_HOME
> > = /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj by default?  Of course packages can still override
> > this as before, but it would make things easier for new packages and
> > encourage uniformity to some degree.
>
> I didn't follow much the state of the policy, sorry. I'm still waiting
> for somebody to upload java-gcj-compat from experimental to unstable
> and deal with the incoming bug reports ... ;-P
>
> This environment uses ecj as the java compiler, so maybe you should
> change the compiler default as well, at least the ant support.
>
> DEB_ANT_COMPILER := org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
> ifneq (,$(findstring eclipse,$(DEB_ANT_COMPILER)))
>    DEB_JARS += ecj.jar
> endif
>
> the correct JAVA_HOME would be /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre, but that's
> just the runtime environment.

I will do the upload of java-gcj-compatto unstable soon and handle the
incoming bug reports.

Having /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj the default JAVA_HOME in CDBS would be
great. /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre would be wrong. Also the default
compile needs to be ecj as Matthias pointed out.

Having this support in CDBS would be great as it reduces the stuff we
need to write into debian/rules file.

Cheers,
Michael