seeking gcj 3.3.5 / gij 3.3.5 / libgcj-3.3.5.jar of debian sarge java documentation

Hello all,

sory for posting this a 2nd time, but I think I
need to correct the subject line.  Now I have made
some extension to this message.

Since I have to use Debian stable distribution on
an old PReP PPC computer and have to learn java, I
want to use GCJ and GIJ for compilation and as
JVM.  However, I ran into the problem, that many
essential classes are not complete or have
different functionality from the sun original and
lack methods, that we need for our reading/classes
at university.  I have been looking for
documentation on GCJ for some days now, but so far
I could not find any doku, that describes the
available classes and their fields and implemeted
methods for the current GCJ in the debian stable
(sarge) distribution.

The GCJ version here is

gcj (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)
Copyright © 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

It seems that it uses
/usr/share/java/libgcj-3.3.5.jar for all the java
packages.  There are also a lot of C-header files
with names of java classes in the
/usr/include/java tree for which I could not find
a single mention in a doc file, but that seems not
so important to use gcj/gij for developping
programs only.

Please, if anyone knows, where I can find the
needed complete documentation of the implemented
java language in this above version of GCJ, then
tell me.

Or can I use another, more complete, free java
version on this machine under debian stable, so I
can do the necessary exercises and testing?

Alles Gute
Helmut H. Franke

--
Avatar Chat Systeme:  http://www.amiculi.net  http://pgm.amoris.org