Re: CDBS default to java-gcj-compat-dev?

> In view of the proposed policy amendments, would it make sense to have CDBS'
> ant class default to java-gcj-compat-dev, that is, set JAVA_HOME
> = /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj by default?  Of course packages can still override
> this as before, but it would make things easier for new packages and
> encourage uniformity to some degree.

I didn't follow much the state of the policy, sorry. I'm still waiting
for somebody to upload java-gcj-compat from experimental to unstable
and deal with the incoming bug reports ... ;-P

This environment uses ecj as the java compiler, so maybe you should
change the compiler default as well, at least the ant support.

DEB_ANT_COMPILER := org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
ifneq (,$(findstring eclipse,$(DEB_ANT_COMPILER)))
   DEB_JARS += ecj.jar
endif

the correct JAVA_HOME would be /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre, but that's
just the runtime environment.

  Matthias