Re: why I think SWT should be built from eclipse

On 14.10.05 17:42:58, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I am standing by the standalone version of SWT because I think it is
> technically better to maintain a library used by multiple applications
> in its own source package, and not within an application source
> package. Look, by example, at GTK (GIMP Toolkit) which is maintained
> in the source package gtk+2.0 and certainly not in the GIMP.

I haven't followed the whole discussion on this, but please remember the
following:

If libswt-gtk is built from eclipse source code and there is a security
fix in the "eclipse" part (i.e. not related to libswt-gtk) in the stable
release. People using libswt-gtk without eclipse will still have to download
the binary packages for swt for no reason. Now I think creating useless
traffic on the security servers is not good, especially if you think
about the current bandwidth problems they have.

just the 2 cents of a user...

Andreas

--
Never commit yourself!  Let someone else commit you.