Re: Problem with java-package.

I assure you, you are wrong! Just check the straces will you ;-)

Besides i did create a perl script and test your theory as that was my
first suspicion...

The problem is definately caused by slapd.

The real question is why does java check with LDAP first when no other
apps do that by default (and my nsswitch.conf defaults to dns then ldap)

Best regards,
Ole Christian Rynning

*proof*

root@tanis:~# cat mongo.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
use IO::Socket;
my($a)=inet_ntoa((gethostbyname($ARGV[0]))[4]);
print "$a\n";
root@tanis:~# ./mongo.pl mongo.pl
Usage: Socket::inet_ntoa(ip_address_sv) at ./mongo.pl line 3.
root@tanis:~# ./mongo.pl debian.org
192.25.206.10
root@tanis:~# su oc
oc@tanis:/root$ ./mongo.pl userland.org
199.181.107.181

--
A | c/o Marie Eikrem, Fagerborggt 48A, NO-0360 OSLO
M | +47 411 44 384