Re: Policy/recommendation on compiling with version 1.4 vs. 1.5?

Hi,

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:

I think it is not specified but we currently (if upstream does) still
support 1.3 - so you should compile with target=1.3 !

Sounds like the recommendation is: compile as low as you can, respectively as low as upstream code allows you...
Kind of an answer ;-)

Eric

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.