RE: apache xml-rpc

Hi Wolfgang!

> I am not a DD so I cannot sponsor your package.
>
> However I had a look at it and some questions/comments:

Let's see..

> - Why don't you package the 2.0 release. Are you dependent on the
>    old release (its from 2003) and is it still maintained ?

Well, the developers don't have much intention of maintaining 1.x tree, but
since last month there was almost no activity at all, they are starting to
recover, and maybe someone offers to maintain 1.x tree. Also, I yet don't
know if 2.x will be API compatible, and *I* am using 1.2 :)

Whatever the case, when upstream releases 2.0 I plan to package it too (in a
separate package if necessary)

> - Please dont use libservlet2.2-java - neither in build nor in
>    the runtime depends. It will be removed in the near future !
>    Use libservlet2.3-java instead.

OK. (my woody servers still use servlets-2.0 :-))

> - You have xercesImpl.jar in your DEB_JARS variable but not
>    libxerces2-java as build depends.

it is a dependency of libant1.6-java, should I specify it nevertheless?