Re: test if there is a gain

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:35:55PM +0200, Daniele Cruciani wrote:
> would it be done as
>
> /usr/bin/time fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage
>
> with a java package for testing the gain of eclipse-ecj ?
>
> some changes rules or some changes to cdbs for switching java compiler
> by setting a var in rules. This second option is good for a number of
> reasons, just to test if things work with another jdk, and is for this I
> hope java-gcj-compat will be in Debian asap, at least in experimental.

What do you wanna gain with this? I see no real benefit in this over the
current situation. eclipse--ecj will be in debian when eclipse gets in.
Jikes can do the same as ecj. So there is no real reason to speed
inclusion of ecj up.

> (About java-gcj-compat I have to critic the release number, for the
> first release of a package 1.0 is not very clean imho)

Complain to upstream, not to us.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/