Re: Eclipse 3.0

On Thursday, 17 March 2005 20:02, Barry Hawkins wrote:
> [...]
>
> | Speaking of eclipse 3.0, I've heard rumors that it works (at least
> | to some extent) with kaffe and/or sablevm. Is anybody looking into
> | getting eclipse into main?
>
> [...]
> Did you read this thread?  That is one of the primary goals of this
> effort.

I just recently subscribed to this list, specifically to see what was
going on and how I could help. When I peeked in the list archives
(mostly what I found from "debian eclipse kaffe") I mostly found a
flamewar about whether or not running a program on a JVM was "linking."

> | I maintain a package (ivi) who's upstream just moved from tcl/tk to
> | eclipse (quite a change!), so I'm very willing to collaborate. =)

> We would welcome your efforts.

I'm just trying to quickly get up to speed on what kind of issues are
holding things back (e.g. bugs, packaging logistics, not enough
manpower, whatever), so that I figure out where I can best help.

I'd be happy to RTFM if there is a webpage or specific spot in the
archives I should be looking. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>