Re: WTF: All those eclipse packages (and som gcj questions)

On 17.12.05 15:47:15, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 16:35 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> > > Also the generics don't work when using the java-gcj-compat VM as you
> > > suggested for beeing able to use ecj as compiler.
> >
> > All language extensions from Java 5.0 work with GCJ 4.0. The main problem
> > is just that you cant use the Java 5.0 API which use generics as this is
> > not included in GCC 4.0 (and not in 4.1 either) yet. It will hopefully be
> > included in GCC 4.2. To be able to use generics extended API of Java 5.0
> > you will need classpath-generics which is not in debian yet. We will hopefully
> > upload this soon. Then you can e.g. use Vector<String> and such stuff.

Aha.

> I got this working, see http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=139

Ok, your description is understandable, but due to my lack of knowledge
concerning gcj I wait until the debian packagers sort this out. In the
meantime I'll use SUN's jdk...

But thanks for the info.

Andreas

--
You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.