From: Michael Koch <mkoch@konqueror.de>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:18:27 +0000
Subject: ftp.debian.org: orig tarballs get lost when moving packages from contrib to
 main

Package: ftp.debian.org
Severity: normal

When moving packages from contrib to main you need to upload pacakge
WITH orig tarball as the this get not automatically moved from contrib
to main.

According to [1] libxalan2-java got uploaded WITH orig tarball on 17 Aug
2005 and according to [2] tomcat5 got upload WITH orig tarball on 24 Oct
2005.

The orig tarballs are NOT in main anymore. They still exist in the
contrib section although the package got uploaded to main.

When we re-upload WITH orig tarball now AGAIN there seems to be a chance
that the orig tarball vanishes again. This seems to be a bug in the
main/contrib section handling when packages get moved from one to
another.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2005/08/msg01528.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2005/10/msg02115.html

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.4.27-2-k7
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)

----- End forwarded message -----