Java WSDP on Debian?

Hey ho,

For school, I have to (learn how to) use Sun's WSDP [1]. I must admit
I was hoping for the WSDP installer to be able to recognize the
beautifully packaged Debian installation of Tomcat 5 as a valid web
container, but it seems it refuses to do so.

Whatever directory I try to suggest at the "Select a Web Container"
screen (/usr/share/tomcat5, the same with /bin or /server appended,
/var/lib/tomcat5), it keeps telling me that what I've selected "is not
a Tomcat 5.0 for Java WSDP installation directory".

It then offers me only two options. Either I download a web container
from [2], or I continue with none installed.

Since I'm quite a newbie (school forces us to use lots of stuff, without
properly teaching us any of it), I wondered -- does the above mean
there's some sort of a separate "edition" of Tomcat 5, intended for use
with Sun's WSDP? Or should I just continue without the container, and
use the suggested integration approach at the bottom of [3] afterwards?
Or perhaps someone here knows of a better, cleaner, or generally nicer
way of going about it still?

The Sun website isn't particularly helpful (the WSDP FAQ only contains a
"synopsis of components"). I tried writing them, but haven't received a
reply yet...

Grateful for any tips,
Tom

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/
[2] http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/
[3] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.6/IntegrationNotes.html

--
"Es bückt sich der Mann, um durch das Tor in das Innere zu sehen."
 ---                                (Franz Kafka, Vor dem Gesetz)