Re: Current status of your swt-gtk package

Andreas Pakulat (apaku@gmx.de):

> On 10.10.05 00:01:02, Michael Koch wrote:
> > We (my sponsor and I) will upload Eclipse to the contrib section for
> > now as it depends on lucene and tomcat5 which are still in contrib.
>
> I'm curious: Why does Eclipse depend on tomcat5? At least the binaries
> from eclipse.org don't need it.

  My understanding is this:

  The binaries from eclipse.org include Tomcat4, it is used to run the
help server.  Some part of tomcat4 requires non-free tools to build, and
so is not included in debian.  There are two options: rip out the
non-free part of tomcat4 (the part isn't used by Eclipse) or update
Eclipse to tomcat5 and patch any broken pieces there.

  -Billy