Re: kaffe 1.1.6 Debian package in Oldenburg

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Kaffe 1.1.6 has been release today (or was it yesterday, well...). We
> already have (thanks to Wolfgang Baer) a pre release in experimental
> solving a lot of bugs.
>
> Some of us (Debian Java Maffia -- debjam) will be in Oldenburg meeting
> with the DevJam <http://meeting.ffis.de/Oldenburg2005/>. Will talk about
> different things and we'll send a note on the list about that.
>
> I propose to work on the kaffe package there, I think Wolfgang who made
> a lot of changes to the package recently will be there so we can work
> together on this.

I have already a package for 1.1.6 finished - needs some more work
on the arm FTBS - trying to use ecj for building on this arch.

> One of the important thing is that the current snapshot in experimental
> ftbfs on x86! ;-)
> <http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=kaffe&ver=2%3A1.1.5-pre2-1.1.6-1&arch=i386&stamp=1127259769&file=log&as=raw>

Strange, I made the package I posted to you for upload on my x86 box and
it worked on my uptodate sid pbuilder.

Also it builds fine according to the build log - the error is in
dpkg-shlibdeps.

failure: ldd on
`debian/kaffe-jthreads/usr/lib/kaffe/jthreads/jre/lib/i386/libkaffevm-1.1.6-pre2.so'
gave error exit status 1

Wolfgang