Re: Problem with java-package.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:13:25AM +0200, Ole Christian Rynning wrote:
> I assure you, you are wrong! Just check the straces will you ;-)
>
> Besides i did create a perl script and test your theory as that was my
> first suspicion...
>
> The problem is definately caused by slapd.
>
> The real question is why does java check with LDAP first when no other
> apps do that by default (and my nsswitch.conf defaults to dns then ldap)

You keep using different examples, so it's hard to follow you, initially you
used 'localhost', which isn't always correctly in DNS, etc. You lack the
'files' entry in your /etc/nsswitch.conf hosts section, after all.

Anyway, if you're right this is something specific to Sun's Java
implementation, if the problem is definitely on that side, and not the glibc
side, you should contact Sun about it -- java-package merely packages it, as
it's propriatary code, we cannot give any support about implementation details
at all. Use an open-source Java implementation such as Kaffe if you want to
have the benefits of Free Software. Note that Sun does provide source files
for their API, so you could download it and look up what happens on the lines
mentioned in the stack trace.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar