FAQ-Wiki status!

Hello: Fellow Java users;

As the subject heading shows what is the current status of the wiki, and the debain-java FAQ?

After following this list a little bit, and trying to read up on the state of java in debian, I am left with more questions then answers. I have managed to find a few good sources of information, with google and everything else, but searching google groups for good information, is only turning up information that is a few years old.

For example going to the wiki, it lists a few urls, which seem to be a good starting place, but lacks more detailed information. I did see that the roadmap was concerned about the FAQ, and some other important details.
http://java.debian.net/

I did find a most usefull url from a page that was out dated, when I installed jave the first time.

http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/DEV/Java+on+Debian
http://serios.net/content/debian/java/

This url is very good, my hats off to all those involved in its design, and upkeep. Something like that should be considered for the FAQ.

In my various searches it would be kind of handy to have some information about the different IDE's that are available for java, such as BlueJ, JDEE, Eclipse, ... etc. I did find this page that describes a few ide's for Gnu_Linux in general, that might be useful.

 http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Devtools/ides.html

Even in most books about java, it does not list debuggers or other tools that help in the development of programs.

For example I was unaware that one could use gdb to debug java, I do believe that someone on this list might of talked about that a little while ago.

http://gcc.gnu.org/java/gdb.html

I am aware that JDEE, or JDE in the debian archive, shouldn't this be named JDEE in keeping with upstream instead of jde? Should a bug report be filed, if one wants to use this packages.

It would also me helpful for a discussion on various jvm's and their limits from a user or programmer prespective. I would be more than willing to help out if I could, Since I do not know where, or who to contact to help fix the Wiki, or even to help update the FAQ,I thought this would be a good starting place.

Gnu_Raiz

Gnu_Raiz@gmail.com