Eclipse Status

Just wanted to let the general public know that I have actually uploaded
Eclipse 3.0.1 to Ubuntu. This was made possible because I altered the
lucene sources to remove the offending RMIC pieces and stripped the
tomcat-based help system out of Eclipse.

Debian will be able to have these packages (I believe Michael Koch is
working on it) when those problems are solved, unless you're willing to
do similar hacks. ;)

Tomcat is held up right now simply because Tomcat 4 won't compile with a
free JVM (com.sun.* problems I believe) and Tomcat 5 is not yet
packaged.

Lucene still has ONE class in it that requires an RMIC generator. I have
not been able to find a single piece of software that actually uses this
class. ;)

Happy Hacking

--
Jerry Haltom <wasabi@larvalstage.net>