Re: Debian Java in Sarge

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 05:39:33PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>     * update the Debian Java FAQ;

BTW, If you could provide a better update, say before saturday, for chapter
4 I could put it in CVS.

This chapter was previously titled "Status of Java in Debian GNU/Linux
Testing/Unstable" and I have just changed (in CVS) is title to "Status of
Java in Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Sarge".

Once changed in CVS then, maybe, the maintainer of java-common could upload
a new package with the updated documentation in time for the sarge release
and that would help out users reading about Java from the FAQ in the
package.

As far as I seen in the changelog, you guys have not updated the FAQ from
the CVS since Thu, 17 Jul 2003, even though I have bugged you (see #156547
and #252219) about this.

So, please, any changes you will upload a new java-common package updating
the documentation?  Even if you are not able to provide a new patch in time
I have made many changes to the Java FAQ in CVS (mostly removals of old
stuff) since july 2003. The package provides revision 1.33 and the current
CVS is at revision 1.45!

Thanks

Javier