Re: Jetty config depends on missing ant.jar

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:44:25PM +0000, John Patterson wrote:

> I have hit another problem with the Jetty package.  It depends on
> /usr/share/java/ant.jar which does not exist on my installation (unstable).
> There is only an ant-1.6.jar.  Creating a symlink to this fixed the problem.

You need to decide which Ant version you want to use and use the
versioned JAR from libant*-java.

Which package should crate the ant.jar symlink? If both libant1.5-java and
libant1.6-java created it they would have to conflict. So only a "main"
ant package which also includes the wrapper script /usr/bin/ant can create
it.

> Also, shouldn't there be a /usr/share/java/servlet.jar symlink?

That's the same story: Which version should servlet.jar be? 2.2, 2.3 or
(in the future) 2.4? That's why the JARs in the packages contain the
API version.

Stefan