Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

Grzegorz B. Prokopski, on 2005-01-13, 13:43, you wrote:
> "However, when the interpreter is extended to provide "bindings" to
> other facilities (often, but not necessarily, libraries), the
> interpreted program is effectively linked to the facilities it uses
> through these bindings. So if these facilities are released under the
> GPL, the interpreted program that uses them must be released in a
> GPL-compatible way. The JNI or Java Native Interface is an example of
> such a binding mechanism; libraries that are accessed in this way are
> linked dynamically with the Java programs that call them. These
> libraries are also linked with the interpreter. If the interpreter is
> linked statically with these libraries, or if it is designed to link
> dynamically with these specific libraries, then it too needs to be
> released in a GPL-compatible way."

Oh shit, shit, shit.  The interpreter for i386 code built into my
computer is not GPL-compatible.  So the software I am writing this very
email with is running illegally because the interpreter links statically
with some non-free microcode...

> Plese stop claiming the black is white.  Thanks.

Please stop this ridiculous discussion and get back to building fine
free software.

Thanks,
  Joerg

--
Joerg "joergland" Wendland  |  http://www.wendlandnet.de/joerg/
GPG: 51CF8417 FP: 79C0 7671 AFC7 315E 657A  F318 57A3 7FBD 51CF 8417