j2se-packages & java-package; java2-common

Hi Juergen, Matthias and Joris,

You maintain on alioth under the pkg-j2se project packages for
blackdown. By doing it, you've done a lot of work w.r.t. integration
into Debian.

It would be nice if that effort would be combined with java-package,
which has a goal to provide scripts so that users can make .deb packages
from the upstream blackdown tarballs themselves. Ideally, I guess, those
.deb's would be the same, just as the code to generate them.

Do you have any idea's and/or suggestions how to best achieve this? The
approach used by java-package and by the pkg-j2se project is a bit
different, they even provide packages with a completely different naming
scheme.

I'm open to any suggestion and idea from you, as you are obviously much
longer involved in these java packages than I am.

One more thing, what about the java2-common package[1]? I see you do not
depend on it. Can it maybe better be removed from the archive? Within
the archive, not a single package references java2-common.

--Jeroen

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/j/java2-common.html

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar