Re: compiled with Kaffe, failed in Sun'J2RE

Cai Qian <caiqian <at> gnome.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just try to get my Java packages to Main. I am using jikes along with
> Kaffe to compile my program and libraries. Finally it works in Kaffe
> (although it runs slower and has some minor problems when
> receiving/sending packets to network). However, while I tried it in
> Sun's J2RE 1.5.0_01, I got the following error.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/eclipse/swt/dnd/DragSource$1, method: handleEvent signature:
> (Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Event;)V) Illegal use of nonvirtual function
> call at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DragSource.<init>(DragSource.java:174)

There may be a bug in the compiled eclipse swt packages, that's picked up by
sun's verifier.

It could be a bug in the compiler used to build them, or it could be a bug in
Sun's VM. You'll have to look at the SWT source code mentioned in the stack
trace to figure it out, or to disassemble the class files and look at them
sharply :) If you're using debian's SWT jars, please submit a bug report for it
with a test case to reproduce it.

cheers,
dalibor topic