Re: ok in Sun' JDK or Kaffe but SableVM

Cai Qian <caiqian <at> gnome.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> My package runs quite well in some VM such as Sun'JDK or Kaffe, but when
> I tried it on SableVM I got a following errors. What's a problem there?

As GNU Classpath doesn't have a javax.sound implementation yet, I've merged in
the one from Tritonus into Kaffe a while ago.[1] It worked pretty good for me,
for playing mp3s or ogg streams using esd or ALSA, so I'm glad to hear that your
application runs fine on Kaffe.

One of my new year's resolutions is to see what work needs to be done for
getting Tritonus merged into GNU Classpath so that it can be easily used out of
the box by all the other nice free runtimes, like SableVM.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] Kaffe provided a nice integration test-bed for some other projects getting
folded into GNU Classpath, chances are it will be the same with Tritonus, too. ;)