Re: gij and Swing

Hallo Shaun,

* Shaun Jackman wrote:
>I'm trying to run FreeGuide (a Java app in contrib) with gij.
>$ gij-3.4 -jar /usr/share/java/FreeGuide.jar 2>&1 | head -2
>Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
>   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>$ dpkg -l libgcj5 libgcj5-awt | tail -2
>ii  libgcj5        3.4.1-5        Java runtime library for use with gcj
>ii  libgcj5-awt    3.4.1-4sarge1  AWT peer runtime libraries for use with gcj
>What does this error message mean? Can it be fixed?

So you discovered, why so mayn apps are in contrib instead of main :)

awt is currently implemented from the classpath guys. ANother error
could be to use gij-3.5 instead of gij-3.4.

BTW: I will try the libswt-java package this days and see how it goes.
>From the changelog, I suppose it still isn't build from source?

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net