Re: J2SE 1.4.2 SDK

Amir Tabatabaei a écrit :
Hi,

I have 3 questions and I hope you can help me.
I had to use the tomcat-server, so I installed it and got the
kaffe-package as well. But I have to use the J2SE 1.4.2 SDK from sun, so
I download it and made a .deb package with mpkg-j2se. Then I installed
the .deb package with dpkg -i. So far so good.

There was also a message after builing the .deb package which was:
"You should also install the corresponding package with Debian specific
parts (e.g. apt-get install sun-j2sdk1.4debian)"

1. What does this mean? What should I install else with apt-get?

As stated before, you should install sun-j2sdk1.4debian
Extract from description: Debian specific parts of Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition. This package contains Debian specific extras that are not part of the upstream distribution.

2. Is there a debian-way to build a package from the J2EE-Package from
sun, becauce I also need some libraries from  the EE-package? I wasn't
able to do this with mpkg-j2se.

no clue.

3. After installing my .deb package with dpkg -i, I'm not able to change
the java programs in /etc/alternatives. There are still the programs
from kaffe and a "update-alternatives --config java" gives me
"There is only 1 program which provides java
(/usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java). Nothing to configure"

Should be solved by sun-j2sdk1.4debian

Thanks
Amir