Re: What is the ant-launcher.jar?

Daniel Bonniot wrote:

Maybe we should discuss on that. Maybe it's good but I think we should
have a common way of doing it.

No need to discuss this. :-)

Just do it like the other packages do it already: Put your JAR with Ant tasks (or a symlink to the JAR) in /usr/share/ant/lib.

I still think that ant should stop depending on jython and antlr, since that's a policy violation (depends on non-necessary packages) and brings

I agree with the first part, but not the second (i.e. IMHO it's not a Policy violation). But the latest Ant package (uploaded yesterday) does not depend on them any longer. If you start Ant with the launcher, all tasks in /usr/share/ant/lib will be included automatically but you might still need to add additional classes to run these tasks (e.g. junit.jar) to your classpath. That's now the same way as upstream handles it.

no real benefit. Is there more to discuss about this, or should I just file a bug report?

You can file one, but I'll immediately close it. ;-)

Stefan