Re: Package review (java-snmp).

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:31:12 +0100,
Morten Werner Olsen <werner@skolelinux.no> wrote:

> Hi!

Hi Werner,

> I have prepared [1] a Debian-package of the Java SNMP Package [2][3],
> and it would be great if someone with more knowledge to java and
> packaging Java-libraries for Debian reviewed it before I ask someone
> to sponsor an upload.

Michael 'Magic Man-Di' Koch told me you did move the package. I review
it and it was very good. There is only one thing: you use
`/usr/bin/javac' and `jar' in debian/rules. You should not relay on
symlinks to build the package. So I did set a variable to find the
location of the two executables. Maybe it's not the better way to do
it. You could define `JAVAC' and `JAR' variables.

Here is how I changed the debian/rules. I signed it and uploaded it.

If you don't like the way I did modify the package (I should not modify
it but tell you how to modify it, then re-review the new package
etc). You can make a new package and I'll sponsor it one more time.

                            ---<cut here>---
#!/usr/bin/make -f

include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk

JAVA_HOME := /usr/lib/kaffe

clean::
	-for f in `find -name *.class`; do rm $$f; done
	-for f in `find -name *.jar`; do rm $$f; done
	-rm -rf debian/libsnmp1.3-java debian/java-snmp-doc

common-binary-indep::
	($(JAVA_HOME)/bin/javac snmp/*.java && \
	$(JAVA_HOME)/bin/jar cf libsnmp1.3.jar snmp/*.class)

                            ---<cut here>---

I hope you agree with the changes. If you need a sponsor for other java
related packages, feel free to contact me in private. If I can't do the
job, I'll try to told it to you as soon as possible so you'll have to
ask again on d-java or d-mentors.

Cheers and many thanks for your job.

- --
  .''`.