Free JREs

Hi all,

I have been reading your posts about apt and java where you discuss
about Java Sun JRE and difficults of distribute it into debian.

So, I have some questions:

* I want to try a free jre (i think something like kaffe). What is the
better free jre? I mean, I have some programs made with Sun JRE, so I
want to try the most compatible free jre with Sun jre.

* If I use Kaffe (for example) Can I use java debian package like
eclipse, argouml, ... ?

* Now I am using Sun JRE, installed without using 'java-package'. Do you
recommend me install it using 'java-package'?

That's all.

Thanks for reading.

--
  Mariano García González :: Ingeniero de Sistemas
        OPTIVA MEDIA            PGP 0x89E8E4CE