Unofficial j2se-package with support for java (> 1.5 beta 1)

Hi,

I have modified j2se-package in order to make it work with java 1.5 (> beta 1). Because when run as root the default installer of java 1.5 puts UNWANTED files in /usr/share, this version uses unzip to extract all the files from a sun binary installer (well this is true for java 1.3, for java 1.4 and 1.5 a few more steps are needed, see lib/sun-javaextract.sh in the source code for more information).

If you are interested in this version, follow the instructions at http://ms800.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~derochet/index.php . If you want to get the source directly, just download http://ms800.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~derochet/source/j2se-package_0.9b.tar.gz . This version has been tested with sun's jdk and jre from 1.3 to 1.5 rc. Every Sun java is processed with unzip, not only java 1.5. This version also works with blackdown java, but then it works like the official j2se-package, i.e. it invokes the installation script so it's useless to use my version for that ...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Robert Derochette