Re: [kaffe] kaffe/jikes makes incompatible code for jdk1.3?

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 23:48, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

I built javax.servlet with kaffe/jikes/ant1.6, but when running with
jre1.3, it seems there is a problem... log is attached.

Seems the runtime that is used doesn't support newer versions of class
file byte code (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0).
You are probably using a modern version of jikes that by default
generates this newer byte code. As far as I know all free runtimes in
main have been updated already to support it. But you can probably
downgrade the class byte code version used by giving jikes a -target 1.2
argument (see the jikes documentation).

I did -target 1.3

... and serlvet api is still in main, sorry for the whistle ;-)

No problem ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic