Missing dependencies on some java packages?

Hi folks!

I'm using Debian testing, and needed to use jikes today. So I installed the "jikes" package version "1:1.21-2". However when trying to run it, I got an error message about a missing library:

	libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

It turned out, that the library is contained in package

	libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2

After I installed that package manually, every thing worked fine. Shouldn't that package be a dependency of the jikes package then? I'm new to Debian, so maybe I missed some detail preventing that dependency. What's your opinion on that?

I still have a similar problem with the self-built package "sun-j2sdk1.3" created with "j2se-package" from http://z42.de. When I try to use the java command from that package, it says the following library is missing:

	libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

By now I could not find that library in testing but only in stable, in the package

	libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

So i could not fix the problem yet, and don't know how to fix the package, either. (Not a problem for me, since I also have "sun-j2sdk1.4", but still.)

Does anyone have a version suns jdk 1.3 working in debian testing at all?

Hope, someone has more clue about those issues than me, and could help somehow. Especially to improve the usefullness of the new "java-package".

Regards,
Michael Riedel