[Java Policy] no dependencies on real java versions

#239309: can't find working java on install when JAVA_HOME not set
reassign 239309 java-common
#228532: No upgrade when sablevm is alternatvie for /usr/bin/java
reassign 228532 java-common
thanks

Hello,

I'm reassigning this two bugs from eclipse to the real cause of the
problem: The java policy. IMO this bugs are grave, but I don't want to
add then to the list of RC bugs of sarge...

The problem is, that we don't have a virtual package system which can
figure out the proper dependencies and the policy mandated /usr/bin/java
link is too weak (could be JVM 1.1.8, samblevm or a full featured SUN
derived 1.4).

For discussion and ideas how to solve this problem, see
http://java.debian.net/index.php/CommonJavaPackaging

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net