Re: Applets not displaying from HTML page.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 08:54:39AM +0100, Ray Curd wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am learning Java and installed Kaffe( no problems) and Sun's Java
> tutorial. Created, compiled  applets and displayed OK in appletviewer,
> however when I when I launch applet in HTML page all I get is a blank
> square on screen and message "applet loading" but nothing happens. I
> have enabled  Java and Java script in Konqueror but no use. I then
> installed JDK1.1 from stable but the same thing happens - no problems
> with compiling and using appletviewer but will not display from an HTML
> page. Have I missed something?

I don't know Konqueror, but there must be something you can click
on to see the (error) output of the applet.

With appletviewer, did you launch the applet from the applet itself
rather than from the html script?  If so, you may have something
wrong in the html script.  Try launching it from the html script and
see what happens.

HTH

David