Re: Problem with Ant editor in eclipse

Jan Schulz <debian@katzien.de> writes:

> Hallo Arnaud,

Yo!

> Sorry that this went so bad.

No problem.

> For the problem with the SAXException I can do a workaround, but the
> real fix must come in the ant package.

1° you can version the dependency by using libant1.5-java maybe;
2° or we are stuck and I can not upload the package :(

> For the other bugs you reported (s/i386/powerpc/): I can't see that
> being a problem. It sould not be the source of any build problem.
> Changing it without changing it on other places (including java source
> code) will break eclipse and the easier solution is simple keeping
> 'i386' on all linux platforms.

We'll discuss this later... I don't have the time to investigate right
now but Jan, be sure that I want to help, but I've not the time ATM.

> AFAIR I sent a mail to you to add '-v' to the ant calls to get more
> verbose output to see the real problem.

Yep. I'll try this for the next version of your package.

> I'm preparing a new eclipse version, which supports setting a debug
> flag, so that ant produces verbose output. This version will also have
> the workaround for the ant problem. I will drop you mail and I hope
> you are still willing to do some testing then. The upload will be done
> until tomorrow morning.

Just drop me a mail and I'll upload (your URL is in my
apt/sources.list!)... yes I want to help, yes I can sponsor your
package... when I have the time.

>>By the way, Eclipse MUST be available on powerpc and ATM, it's not in
>>Debian!
>
> I feel the same, but unfortunatelly I don't have a powerpc arround to
> test the build. I don't even have a 1.3 JDK anymore, as the sun one
> doesn't work here anymore :(

$ java -version

java version "1.4.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1)
Classic VM (build 1.4.1, J2RE 1.4.1 IBM build cxppc321411-20030930 (JIT enabled: jitc))

> Sorry again for the bad communications and my neglection to fix this
> bugs.

No problem, I'm sorry if I've been rude... hard day ;-)

Cheers,

- --
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud