Confused about gcj's java/javac and kaffe

Hello list,
I'm some kind of confused about the naming schemes within the gcj* packages
and kaffe. 'gcj-3.3' and 'libgcj4' provide their own java/javac executables
(actually they are wrappers for gcj's executables). I guess kaffe (which
seems to be only in the unstable branch for now) provides it's java/javac
executables on its own. Are there any notable differences? At least Sun's
java/javac is considerably slower. :-)

If anybody can shed some light on this, I'd be very thankful.

Best Regards,
Tobias