Re: kaffe_1.1.4-4_i386.changes REJECTED

On Monday 05 April 2004 11:49, James Troup wrote:
> a) First of all there are several trivial lintian/linda errors, please
>    clean these up before re-uploading.

ACK

> b) Is kaffe-dev really arch: all?  Also how come nothing Depends,
>    Recommends or even Suggests it?

This package is only for developing JNI extensions to Kaffe. It isn't required
unless you are going to be doing that in particular.

> c) The description for kaffe-jthreads isn't great - it doesn't tell me
>    anything useful that helps me distinguish it from kaffe-pthreads.
>    Could it please be improved?

> |   A green threads compile of the Kaffe VM for situations where pthreads
> | just won't do.

ACK

> d) Why split kjc from kaffe-common?  They're both arch: all, kjc adds
>    no extra depends.

KJC is an upstream Java compiler that was largely abandoned and the Kaffe team
took over its development. It should, arguably, be its own source package but
we haven't done that since it is part of Kaffe's CVS. KJC can be run by any
Java VM and is not necessarily tightly bound to Kaffe.

> e) kaffe-doc is only 241k installed, please consider merging it into
>    an existing package?  It's about half the size of the standard
>    cut-off limit we tend to apply to NEW packages.

ACK

I will either merge it back into Kaffe or I will generate Javadoc for all of
the Kaffe classes. That should bring it up above the cutoff and still
represents a useful addition to the package.

--
Ean Schuessler, Developer
The Debian Project