Poll: Do you want to see Java set free (that is, open sourced)?

Hello,

   To shade some light on the ongoing open source Java
discussion I invite you to cast your vote in the Java
Republic online poll asking "Do you want to see Java
set free (that is, open sourced)?":

   Answers include:

o Yes, because only free Java will lead to wide
distribution and acceptance.

o Yes, because Sun's dominance is against the interest
of the Java community at large.

o Yes, because only free Java allows non-standard
speciality distributions that fill all niches.

o Yes, because only free Java can avoid forking and
keep everybody working together.

o No, only with Sun in charge can you keep Java from
forking and enforce compatibility.

o No, only with Sun in charge can you keep Microsoft
from running away with Java.

o No, but I want to see an independent organization
take over from Sun.

o Other (Please Comment)

   You can find the pollstation online @
http://viva.sourceforge.net/republic/2004/03/poll_do_you_want_to_see_java_set_free_that_is_open_sourced.html

   - Gerald

PS: You can find an alternative poll by Carlos E.
Perez online @
http://www.manageability.org/polls/should-sun-make-java-open-source/mpoll_poll