Re: Has anyone looked at swingswt?

Hi Jerry,

Jerry Haltom wrote:
Changing the hard coded package names would mean one could no longer use
the program with a non-free Swing implementation such as Sun's. This
sounds like a non-starter to me.

If SwingSWT were to be repackaged to java.awt and java.swing, this would
be possible. Is that possible??? Might warrent talking with the upstream
authors.

See
http://swingwt.sourceforge.net/faq.php and
http://chrriis.brainlex.com/projects/mastercl/

I haven't played with it, but I'd like to know if and how well it work with Kaffe, for example. My ultimate dream-demo being running NetBeans over SwingWT over MasterCL over Kaffe :)

cheers,
dalibor topic