Re: Signal 11 running Eclipse

Aurélien Labrosse wrote:
Hi,

I have some trouble using Eclipse, on a Debian Sid.
Software versions:

j2sdk :  1.4.1-6 (Blackdown)
eclipse: 2.1.2-1
kaffe:   1.1.4-2

* Using blackdown jvm :
aurelien@ezechiel:~$ eclipse
Including user settings ~/.eclipse/eclipserc...
Using /home/aurelien/eclipse as default workspace...
Using JAVA_HOME and /usr/lib/j2se/1.4//bin/java as java virtual machine...

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x400F2F79
Function=__libc_free+0x49
Library=/lib/libc.so.6

* Using Kaffe:

aurelien@ezechiel:~$ eclipse
Including user settings ~/.eclipse/eclipserc...
Using /home/aurelien/eclipse as default workspace...
Using JAVA_HOME and /usr/lib/kaffe//bin/java as java virtual machine...
WARNING Bad bytecode! Illegal exception table entry: start_pc=139980500 is not lower than end_pc=139980500 in method org/eclipse/core/internal/resources/Workspace.getResourceInfo((Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IPath;ZZ)Lorg/eclipse/core/internal/resources/ResourceInfo;)
See Java Virtual Machine Specification 2nd Edition $4.7.3 for details.
Please report this bug to the developers of the application you're running on kaffe. A simple fix might be to use another java compiler to build the application.

you mean it works better on kaffe than on blackdown? then we're surely making some progress ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic