Re: java in main for ofbiz

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

These are the jars I need to have packaged still.
Slightly smaller list, as I found some replacements in debian already.

Re-ordered:

1° Maybe already in Debian:

components/content/lib/iText.jar

libitext-java - Java Library to generate PDF on the Fly

works on kaffe

components/minerva/lib/jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
components/minerva/lib/jta_1.0.1.jar

I think they are in kaffe and classpath (and in j2sdk)

yes, I don't know how well they work, though.

components/entity/lib/jdbc/hsqldb.jar

works on kaffe

I don't know about the rest from the top of my head. I'm checking in some RMI improvements now, and then we'll give JBoss a beating. The developement in the last few days has been quite intensive wrt to getting XScale, PowerPC-no-fpu, and MIPS to run again, with patches flowing in at very high rate.

Regarding Kaffe: I plan to merge in gjdoc + libxmlj, since we need a working free javadoc replacement, and then merge in an ORB (probably JacORB) so that running those enterprise applciations that need corba actually starts working on free runtimes.

If the things continue at this pace, we may consider doing kaffe-cvs releases more regularly for interested people to play with.

cheers,
dalibor topic