Re: What is the ant-launcher.jar? [was: Re: Accepted ant 1.6.1-1 (all source)]

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

I do not follow the ant-dev mailing list, but I'd like to know what is
the ant-launcher.jar? And what is the startup script?

ant-launcher.jar contains classes to set up Ant's class path. It is now the preferred way to start Ant using org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher from ant-launcher.jar, although some apllications that embed Ant (like Tomcat) might still use the "traditional" way using org.apache.tools.ant.Main from ant.jar.

These classes in ant-launcher.jar automatically include all JARs in {ant.home}/lib which was previously done my my startup script. So I'm now using upstream's startup scripts since this is not needed any longer.

Stefan