Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Re: good day for kaffe 1.1.4 and ofbiz 2.1

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Andy Zeneski wrote:

> > Of course, ofbiz includes lots of jars in it's tarball and checkout.  I
> > haven't checked all of them(well, not any of them), to see how they
> > fit in
> > with the DFSG.  Some of the jars included are there for the convience
> > of
> > end-users, and aren't really used by ofbiz(unless this has changed in
> > HEAD, I
> > last checked this for 2.1.  If it *is* the case, I'd like the unused
> > jars to
> > be removed from cvs(hint to the ofbiz developers)).
> >

> All third-party libs found in CVS are used by OFBiz, this has been
> cleaned up a lot since 2.1

That's good news.

I checked the jars that are in components/lib, and 25% of them are packaged
for debian.

My only request right now, is that official releases are split; ofbiz-only,
and ofbiz-external, the latter of which would contain all the external jars.
It'd make my job easier for debian.

My(and my boss's plan, Ean), want to have a simple way to install all of
ofbiz, and all free.  apt-get install ecommerce, or some such.

ps: please keep the cc's, so that the other lists can be kept up to speed.