Sad news for Kaffe.

Dear self-rightous and non-appreciative Java Debian list,

After much heated discussion in the #kaffe IRC channel Arnaud and I resolved
to duel each other to the death using Free Software enterprise-ready object
relational ERP/CRM tools in a distributed, fault tolerant, high availability
environment. Unfortunately we quickly realized that such an infrastructure
does not currently exist and have (temporarily) put aside our deep set
ideological differences in order to collaborate on our mutual total
annihilation.

In an effort to roll the project forward I will be setting the Kaffe
maintainer field to pkg-java-kaffe and adding myself as an uploader. Before
checking the Kaffe sources into CVS, however, we need to have a discussion
about the tar.gz'd DBS sources and how they don't really provide easy CVSing.

Also, in my ceaseless effort to gain unwarranted recognition for doing
absolutely nothing, I hope someone will add me as an admin to the pkg-java
project. Since I'm so bad ass, all your base are belong to me, etc. et al.

Those of you who were surely waiting for a highly amusing death struggle
between Arnaud and I will regrettably have to wait until we finish
constructing the tools of our demise. Stay tuned for irregular updates.

Oh, by the way, I'm not going to do anything until at least Sunday since I'm
the lazy no good crappy Kaffe developer and I have to go to a wedding in
Houston.

Peace, love and happy hacking,

ps. If you didn't pick up on the fact that this message is mostly geared to be
humorous then you are probably European or something. In short, we ironed
things out on IRC, Kaffe will move forward, many Java packages will shortly
go into main, Java will remain large, slow, proprietary and silly. Rejoice!

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
Brainfood, Inc.