Re: Co-maintaining Kaffe

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

Take an account on Alioth (it'll be the same as your Debian login), drop
me a mail when you have your account and I'll add you to pkg-java
project.

I have already done this on 15-Jan-2004 and sent Ean a mail about it. However, I did not get a response.

I propose kaffe to be co-maintained in a mutual respect and also with
trust! I'm not a newbie nor a child, you can trust me! Also, even if
someone make a mistake, it'll be only in the cvs, not in the package.

I can tell that I have made only positive experiences in co-maintaining packages with Arnaud and others in the pkg-java project. First, everybody was refraining from uploading packages that were initially packaged by someone else but once you see the team as maintainer this was fine. It reduced the overhead a lot (no more need to file a bug report and wait for someone else to upload a fixed package, just fix the problem yourself and upload) and resulted in better packages.

I think this would be the best solution for Kaffe and fully support this.

BTW, am I correct that this is the first mail in this thread that actually talks about the subject in most parts? :-)

Stefan