Re: Co-maintaining Kaffe

Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk@debian.org> writes:
> I did not find the exact procedure in devref, can you point me somewhere
> to be the more specific about this, thanks.

5.9.5 says:

"It is not OK to simply take over a package that you feel is neglected
- that would be package hijacking. You can, of course, contact the
current maintainer and ask them if you may take over the package. If
you have reason to believe a maintainer has gone AWOL (absent without
leave), see Dealing with inactive and/or unreachable maintainers,
Section 7.4.

Generally, you may not take over the package without the assent of the
current maintainer. Even if they ignore you, that is still not grounds
to take over a package. Complaints about maintainers should be brought
up on the developers' mailing list. If the discussion doesn't end with
a positive conclusion, and the issue is of a technical nature,
consider bringing it to the attention of the technical committee (see
the technical committee web page for more information)."

And 7.4 details how the QA handles orphaning packages maintained by
inactive maintainers.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *