Re: Is jikes-gij coming back?

Adam Majer wrote:
Ben Burton wrote:

Hi.. does anyone happen to know if jikes-gij is coming back at some
point?

I ask because jython currently build-depends on jikes-gij, and I don't
want to have to hardcode the bootstrap classpath since this will
(presumably) keep having to be changed with even minor gij/gcj upgrades.

(Using gcj directly is currently not an option due to #210716.)

My understanding was that jikes-gij was going to be put back into the
jikes sources, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'll upload the new jikes with the jikes-gij in a few hours at the latest.

(new) jikes-gij_1.18-8_all.deb optional devel
Wrapper for jikes using GNU GIJ classes
.
This package provides a jikes wrapper called jikes-gij that will include
 GNU Java's classes in jikes' bootclasspath.
jikes_1.18-8.diff.gz
  to pool/main/j/jikes/jikes_1.18-8.diff.gz
jikes_1.18-8.dsc
  to pool/main/j/jikes/jikes_1.18-8.dsc
jikes_1.18-8_i386.deb
  to pool/main/j/jikes/jikes_1.18-8_i386.deb
Changes: jikes (1:1.18-8) unstable; urgency=low
 .
  * Reintroduce the jikes-gij wrapper. It makes much more sense for
    jikes to depend on gcc (gij) than the other way arround.
Announcing to debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org

Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file.  It is ok otherwise, so please be patient.  New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.

So it may be a few days before it is actually in the archive.

- Adam