Re: [Fwd: Re: [architecture] Re: JPackages and ObjectWeb]

Hallo Nicolas,

* Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>jsse.libs=$(build-classpath jsse)
>javamail.libs=$(build-classpath javamail)
>test.libs=$(build-classpath junit xerces-j2 httpunit)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought you don't have such a script. Thats exactly what I propose
to use, but on runtime. And merging it with your static 'put all the
symlinks in place' code and redoing it so that it outputs one line,
which incldues all the information and can be used to start the JVM.

So instead of doing symlinks and then start the JVM, you will do

java-config --execute-line --jvms="JVMpackage1:JVMPackage2" \
--classpath="$ANT_PUT_FIRST;package1;package2" \
--jvm-options="server:256MB" \
--add-lib-path="/some/other/path/you/asked/for/"

which will output:

/usr/bin/jvm \
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni;/some/other/path/you/asked/for/ \
-bootclasspath "some added jars, specified by the JVM package..." \
-cp "the whole CP, as requested by the app and tailored to the JVM" \
<specific JVM options, to enable server, heap size and so on>

Add the main class and the options, and you're done :)

$JAVA Main.class.Name Options

This script could even do dependency checking upwards (lib has more
restriction than app, so less JVM are taken in account)

>Some points I forgot but I agree with - care to add them to the
>writeup ?

Will do after the discussion is over. Don't want to discuss in the
wiki if we have such a nice ML :)

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net