Building kaffe --with-threads=unix-pthreads [was: Re: bugwatcher problems]

Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

> The Debian kaffe package is compiled with unix-jthreads, but gtk
> (java-gnome) needs pthread support. When you recompile kaffe
> configured --with-threads=unix-pthreads then you can play with
> bugwatcher like you can with gij. (Thread system unix-pthread is also
> needed to run e.g.  Eclipse with swt/gtk bindings).
>
> What do the kaffe developers think. Should kaffe default to pthreads
> on systems that support it?

Looking at the debian/rules, no special option regarding threads is
set. After a chat with Dalibor on freenodes#kaffe, I'll rebuild kaffe
with unix-pthread. Now, I'm trying to integrate jikes-kaffe ;)

Debian-specific:
I think I'll have a version problem. Do I have to change the epoch to 2
as Adam wrote it in a previous mail. Thanks for a confirmation.

  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud
 `. `'
   `-